Here’s a few natural recipes to give you relief from poison ivy. Get essential oils at wholesale prices here.
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 2 drops lemon, lime and cilantro essential oil
- dissolve a pinch of baking soda
- Fill remaining 15ml bottle with water
Shake and spray on effected area every 1-2 hours until it’s dried up.
- 2 Tablespoons Distilled Water
- 2 Tablespoons Natural Apple Cider Vinegar, with the mother
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Mix everything together, making sure the salt dissolves. Dab the mixture onto the affected area as needed. Keep stored in the refrigerator and stir well before each use.
Recipe #3 – Oatmeal Bath
What you will need for the Oatmeal Bath Soak:
- 3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 3 drops Chamomile
- 1 drop Peppermint
- 1 small box baking soda
- Double Layer of Cheesecloth
- String (to tie it with)
Directions: Lay out the cheesecloth and pour the measured oats on top. Add the essential oils to the pile of oats and tie up the cloth. Run a bath and dissolve the box of baking soda in the water while the tub is filling. Toss in the oatmeal sack too. Get in and soak for up to 3 times a day.
- 15 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- Fill remaining 4 oz bottle with organic witch hazel
Spray on effected area every 1-2 hours until it’s dried up.
There’s my go to poison ivy relief recipes around my homestead. Hope you get some natural relief as well.