So, I’ve been going a little crazy lately with dairy since getting my new jersey cow, Lucy. Here’s a recipe I used on how to make cream cheese. Tasty!
- • 1 quart cream
- • 1 package (1/8 teaspoon) Mesophilic starter culture
- • Fine cheesecloth
- • Sea salt to taste (optional)
- Pour your cream into a glass container stir in the starter culture
- Cover loosely
- Leave on counter top 8 to 12 hours to culture, time varies depending on temperature
- It’s ready when it resembles yogurt
- Dump thickened cream into cheesecloth and allow whey to drip out at least 12 hours (the longer it drips, the firmer your cheese will be)
- Scrape out of cheesecloth and lightly salt to taste (salt will make it last longer since it’s a natural preservative)
- Store in an airtight container in fridge. When it chills it will get firmer.
(Visited 189 times, 1 visits today)